- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Bob's Shingle Style Home > Episode 8: Deck Framing and Window Installation
Laying Out and Framing the Deck
Project: Bob's Shingle Style Home, Episode 8, Part 1
Framing has begun on the new backyard deck, and brickmasons repair the chimney on the third floor. The custom Palladian window from Marvin is installed in the third floor family room.
- Part 1: Laying Out and Framing the Deck
- Bob checks in with carpenter Bob Ryley as he lays out and begins to frame the deck. The original deck has been removed and new concrete footings poured. Pressure-treated lumber is used to prevent any weather damage. Ryley explains the pitch techniques used to control water flow across the structure.
- Part 2: Brick Chimney Repair
- Part 3: Installing a Marvin Palladian Window
ALL EPISODES IN BOB'S SHINGLE STYLE HOME