- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Miami Beach Condo > Episode 6: Installing Bath Fixtures and a Water-Cooled HVAC System
Installing a Toto One-Piece Toilet
Project: Miami Beach Condo, Episode 6, Part 1
Heating and cooling systems are established by way of a closet HVAC installation. The self-monitoring, water-cooled HVAC unit has an automatic shutoff valve that prevents damage in case of malfunction.
- Part 1: Installing a Toto One-Piece Toilet
- Bob looks at the one-piece 1.6-gallon Toto toilet to be installed in the bathroom. Unlike other toilets, this Toto model hides all of the unit's operating parts within a sleek exterior.
Installation is simple, thanks to a special flange that reconfigures the traditional drain setup. The flange is set directly on the wax ring, pressed down to form the seal, then bolted to the floor. The flange bolts fit directly into the toilet casing, securing the toilet in place.
- Part 2: Touring a Pierce Allen-Designed Apartment
- Part 3: Installing a Water-Cooled HVAC System
- Part 4: Installing Moen Faucets in the Bathroom Vanity
The kitchen is converted into an elegant dining space looking onto the living area, while a closet is transformed into a bar with recessed lighting and glass shelves. And the small bathroom turns into an oasis with luminous glass tile, a wash of color, and sleek new fixtures.
Pocket doors with an antique-look are installed so as to separate the living and sleeping spaces, and furniture is selected to reflect Miami's unique personality.
Finally, the outdoor space overlooking Biscayne Bay is made practical and, perhaps most importantly, comfortable.
ALL EPISODES IN MIAMI BEACH CONDO