- Give-Aways & Offers
- Monthly Must Do's
- DIY Project Ideas
- Step-by-Step Guides
- Inspirational Photo Galleries
Sure, everyone wants their home to smell clean and fresh, but you might be better off just opening the windows, rather than relying on canned air fresheners. When used excessively or in a small, unventilated area, these products release toxic levels of pollutants, including ethylene-based glycol ethers, a toxic substance, and the normally-non-toxic terpenes, which when paired with ozone in the air, forms a poisonous combination. A quick spritz of air freshener probably won’t make you sick, but you should keep air circulating throughout the area to prevent a dangerous buildup of airborne chemicals.
We'll send you an email as soon as Bob Vila Academy launches
Enroll now and learn DIY basics from the next generation of home improvement experts