- Give-Aways & Offers
- Monthly Must Do's
- DIY Project Ideas
- Step-by-Step Guides
- Inspirational Photo Galleries
No one wants their winter sweaters to become food for moths, but these effective pest repellents can be a hazardous source of several toxic chemicals, including paradichlorobenzene, which can cause cancer in animals, and naphthalene, which can cause nausea and other digestive ailments. If you do use mothballs, place them in a sealed container and use them in an area with separate ventilation from the rest of your house, such as an attic. Wash any clothing that has been stored with mothballs before wearing it to dislodge the toxic vapors, or switch to cedar chips for a safer, natural alternative.
We'll send you an email as soon as Bob Vila Academy launches
Enroll now and learn DIY basics from the next generation of home improvement experts