Giant hogweed is part of the carrot family but has none of the good qualities of the vegetable. Growing up to 14 feet tall, with leaves that span up to 5 feet, it’s topped with flowers so beautiful you might want to reach out to touch them—but don't! The sap of giant hogweed is phototoxic, and it can cause skin irritation and blistering that can result in scars that last for years. If you find the wily weed, call your county’s environmental agency immediately. It’s toxic and invasive, and it must be handled with great care.