Mold exists in almost every home, but fortunately, as long as you control excess moisture, you should be able to keep mold in check with relative ease. In fact, if you notice mold on a household surface, be it the grout in the bathroom or a section of drywall, you can use any number of household staples to remove it. Some swear by diluted bleach, but if you prefer a nontoxic solution, simply soak the area with full-strength white vinegar, wait a few hours, then scrub vigorously with a stiff brush or coarse sponge. The mold will go away—and don't worry, so will the vinegar smell!
Related: 10 Handy Household Uses for Vinegar