- Give-Aways & Offers
- Monthly Must Do's
- DIY Project Ideas
- Step-by-Step Guides
- Inspirational Photo Galleries
Another common contaminant in older homes is lead, a toxic metal that was once widely used in paints. It poses particular danger for children, who may ingest chips of flaking paint and dust from window frames or door moldings. Lead poisoning can lead to developmental delays, learning disabilities, and harm to the nervous system, so it's imperative to eliminate the contamination from your home and choose lead-free materials going forward.
We'll send you an email as soon as Bob Vila Academy launches
Enroll now and learn DIY basics from the next generation of home improvement experts