- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Bob's Shingle Style Home > Episode 7: Roof Work and Wiring
Touring a Historic Home in Avon Hill
Project: Bob's Shingle Style Home, Episode 7, Part 2
Bob visits the roof where Fred Mitchell is installing a state-of-the-art copper lining in the rebuilt wooden gutter system. Shinglers replace the asphalt roof with the red cedar shingles that would have been used originally. The electrician explains why plastic-sheathed wiring will be used for the considerable rewiring to be done.
- Part 1: Installing Copper-Lined Gutters
- Part 2: Touring a Historic Home in Avon Hill
- Bob and architectural historian Brian Pfeiffer tour an 1887 historic home in the Avon Hill neighborhood of Cambridge, MA. The architectural firm Hartwell and Richardson designed this house as well as Bob's Shingle Style home, and Bob notes distinct similarities.
- Part 3: Installing Fire-Rated Wood Shingles and Wiring the Third Floor
ALL EPISODES IN BOB'S SHINGLE STYLE HOME
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How are complimentary colors arranged on the color wheel?