- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Modern Colonial > Episode 18: Interior Decorating Tour
Decorating the Master Bedroom
Project: Modern Colonial, Episode 18, Part 4
Bob catches up on the work taking place inside the modern Colonial house. First, Vila and Gary Prevedini from Andersen talk about the features of the windows in the great room, and painter John Fish gives Bob a little \primer\" on proper painting techniques . Interior designer Leslie Curtis is on site to tour the house and explain the different color ideas she has for each room. (Use BobVila.com's Paint Designer for more help on choosing interior paint colors.) Finally
- Part 1: Working With Pre-Finished Windows
- Part 2: Interior Painting Preparation
- Part 3: Lyman Estate Tour
- Part 4: Decorating the Master Bedroom
- Bob and designer Leslie Curtis take a quick tour through the master bedroom. Here, Curtis has chosen Autumn Wheat from the Bob Vila Signature collection paint line. Bob and Curtis discuss a few of the many variables to take into consideration when choosing a paint color, including the scale of the room, architectural details, and the flooring material.
This project focuses on the construction of a Colonial-style home built with both history and the future in mind. While the 4-bedroom, 4-bath home will have a traditional exterior and interior detailing, the plan will suit the needs of a modern family, including easy-maintenance fireplaces, a great room, master suite, sun room, 3-car garage, and a large walk-out basement with plenty of room for recreation and indoor/outdoor living.
ALL EPISODES IN MODERN COLONIAL
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How often do termite queens lay eggs?