- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Habitat for Humanity > Episode 6: Siding and Drywall
Plastering the Walls
Project: Habitat for Humanity, Episode 6, Part 2
Volunteers are still hard at work in Yonkers, and it's time for siding. Bob talks to some volunteers about the SmartSystem installation process, and then takes us to the Louisiana-Pacific facility in Two Harbors, Minnesota where we'll learn more about the materials used. Inside the house, the blitz build is in full force as a team of workers apply the drywall utilizing special pre-finished corners in record time.
- Part 1: Touring the LP Engineered Wood Siding Plant
- Part 2: Plastering the Walls
- Bob meets with Tim Smyth, the plastering contractor, who updates Bob on the progress being made on the drywall, before offering a few tips on quality, speedy installation.
- Part 3: Installing the Siding
Bob Vila introduces the latest in sustainable materials and efficient building techniques on a Habitat for Humanity build. This project documents a five-day process that transformed an empty lot into a snug, comfortable, and sustainable home in Yonkers, NY.
ALL EPISODES IN HABITAT FOR HUMANITY
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How are complimentary colors arranged on the color wheel?