- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Executive Mansion > Episode 2: Restoring the Floor
Oak and Herringbone Floor Repair
Project: Executive Mansion, Episode 2, Part 3
Bob tours the exterior of the main house and carriage house with architect John Paul Hanbury and general contractor Sam Daniel. The plans are reviewed, before Bob takes a tour of Virginia House. Once an English Abbey, this historic home was shipped to Richmond, stone by stone, in the 1920s. Back at the mansion, floor restoration is progressing, thanks to an acrylic injection technique designed to preserve the floor and prevent the joints from squeaking.
- Part 1: Carriage House Plans
- Part 2: Tour of Virginia House
- Part 3: Oak and Herringbone Floor Repair
- At the restoration project for the governor's mansion in Richmond, Bob meets with contractor Fred Ecker and they go over the process for making repairs to the floors.
- Part 4: Demolition in the Upstairs Living Quarters
In Richmond, Virginia, the oldest continuously occupied governor's mansion in America is in need of serious repairs, and Bob Vila's team is there to help. Projects include the complete overhaul and modernization of the basement to include a state-of-the-art caterer's kitchen for official functions, all new mechanical systems, and updates for handicapped accessibility.
ALL EPISODES IN EXECUTIVE MANSION
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How often do termite queens lay eggs?