- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Loft Conversion > Episode 5: Paint and Plate Glass Windows
Tiling the Shower
Project: Loft Conversion, Episode 5, Part 3
The entryway and foyer of the loft conversion building is getting a new paint job and replacement plate glass windows. On the sixth floor, in the project unit, Ed Zywusko is busy installing tile in the shower. Plus, carpenter Bob Ryley and the plumber have hang the valve for the lavatory inside a metal stud wall.
- Part 1: Stripping Old Paint
- Part 2: Review of Neighboring Loft's Layout
- Part 3: Tiling the Shower
- Bob touches base with Eddie Zywusko, the mason and tilesetter, working in the loft apartment's L-shaped shower. Eddie has installed a water/ice shield, then cement board, and now he is taping the joints with a thin-set mortar.
Carpenter Bob Ryley and the plumber install a Kohler lavatory rough-in kit in a metal stud wall (an excellent example of the different trades working together).
Bob Vila highlights the world of stylish city living by chronicling the conversion of a loft apartment in Boston's Leather District. This unit is getting a top-of-the-line treatment: cutting edge design, custom-made furniture and casework, sleek modern fixtures, and up-to-date appliances.
ALL EPISODES IN LOFT CONVERSION
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How often do termite queens lay eggs?