- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Loft Conversion > Episode 8: Installing Stainless Steel Countertops
Installing the Stainless Steel Kitchen Countertops
The men of steel are here! Stainless steel countertops get welded together on site for the restaurant style kitchen. Bob tours the fabrication shop in Weymouth, MA, where all the countertops were custom-made from sheet steel and tubing. Back on-site, Bob helps contractor Joel Scanlon attach a heavy-duty butcher block table top to its custom-made steel base.
- Part 1: Fabricating Stainless Steel Kitchen Countertops
- Part 2: Installing the Stainless Steel Kitchen Countertops
- Bob observes Bob Watts weld together the stainless steel kitchen countertops on-site.
- Part 3: Butcher Block Installation and Care
Bob Vila highlights the world of stylish city living by chronicling the conversion of a loft apartment in Boston's Leather District. This unit is getting a top-of-the-line treatment: cutting edge design, custom-made furniture and casework, sleek modern fixtures, and up-to-date appliances.
Also from Loft Conversion
Bob takes a walking tour of some of Boston's best-preserved antique commercial buildings in the Leather District with architectural historian Brian Pfeiffer, ultimately winding up at the gracious brick front of the project building on Atlantic Avenue.<br> <br> The developers, Neal and Ron Gold, have gotten started converting this old fur storage building to residential loft space. Architect Greg Rochlin and carpenter Bob Ryley are on-site to consult about the possibilities for this unit.
Window installation gets underway in the project apartment, six stories above Atlantic Avenue, after Bob inspects the basement to see how the plumbing and heating installations are coming along. Also, Dan McNichol takes Bob down into the bowels of the earth to see how Boston's famous highway project, the "Big Dig", is progressing.
The plastering crew is hard at work on stilts, while Bob goes on a field trip to Cambridge, where world-renowned landscape architect Martha Schwartz has made a spacious, and imaginative, home and office out of an industrial building on the railroad tracks. Back at our site, the architect and designer have modeled some intriguing ideas for Bob.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING