- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Craftsman Bungalow > Episode 4: Interior Trim and Porch Framing
Installing the Roof on the Back Porch
Project: Craftsman Bungalow, Episode 4, Part 4
Carpenter Brian Comeaux custom-mills some interior trim details specified by the architect. Back on site, Bob and carpenter Cortney Lofton assemble the details to give the dining room a real 'craftsman' look. The original bathroom fixtures get re-porcelainized on-site, and framing continues on the back porch addition.
- Part 1: Building an Interior Soffit
- Part 2: Kitchen Cabinet Construction
- Part 3: Restoring the Vintage Bathtub With Synthetic Porcelain
- Part 4: Installing the Roof on the Back Porch
- Bob confers with two carpenters, as they begin to install the Dutch gable roof system on the back porch. Once the ridge beam is secured, rafters are added.
Bob Vila oversees the remodel of a Craftsman bungalow in Los Angeles, CA. It's a vintage kit house, purchased from a Sears & Roebuck catalog in 1923 and built in Hollywood. Working with contractors, Bob helps restore the home's thoughtful details while adding improvements fit for the owners' modern lifestyle.
ALL EPISODES IN CRAFTSMAN BUNGALOW
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How often do termite queens lay eggs?