- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Craftsman Bungalow > Episode 7: Working on the Pool
Installing Indian Slate Tiles on Back Porch and Pool Deck
Project: Craftsman Bungalow, Episode 7, Part 2
Progress continues on the outside of the house, as the pool crew installs green Indian slate tile on the surround and porch steps. Carpenter Cortney Lofton and crew are finishing up the pergola detail that will form the entry gate to the back yard, which is required by California building code for any home with a pool.
- Part 1: Project Plans for the Porch and Pool Deck
- Part 2: Installing Indian Slate Tiles on Back Porch and Pool Deck
- Bob and contractor Cortney Lofton discuss the Indian slate tile being installed on the pool deck and back porch. The inconsistency the tile necessitates the use of thin-set mortar and specialized placement techniques.
- Part 3: Building a Pergola and Gate
Bob Vila oversees the remodel of a Craftsman bungalow in Los Angeles, CA. It's a vintage kit house, purchased from a Sears & Roebuck catalog in 1923 and built in Hollywood. Working with contractors, Bob helps restore the home's thoughtful details while adding improvements fit for the owners' modern lifestyle.
ALL EPISODES IN CRAFTSMAN BUNGALOW
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
SEE MORE IN
Lawn & Garden