- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Master Bedroom > Episode 5: Rough Plumbing and Wall Demolition
Installing a Mulled Window
Project: Master Bedroom, Episode 5, Part 3
Bob helps the plumber do rough plumbing work. Upstairs, carpenter Bob Ryley breaks through an existing wall to make way for the door that will lead to the master bedroom suite in the making. New windows are delivered to the site, and experts demonstrate correct installation methods and the windows' updated features.
- Part 1: Plumbing and Electrical Work in the Home Addition
- Part 2: Wall Demolition to Create a Doorway
- Part 3: Installing a Mulled Window
- Bob meets with Bob Ryley and Al Worth to install a pair of Andersen mulled windows with a transom, as well as an interior window seat. Bob discusses the window itself, specifically the innovative features that allow for easier cleaning.
A master bedroom suite in a compact 1930s Colonial Revival home in suburban Newton, MA, gets a makeover. Bob Vila details the process of building the foundation, from forming and cement pouring to inspection and backfilling. Also, Bob sees how the interior baseboard molding and window trim is milled to match what exists in the rest of the home.
ALL EPISODES IN MASTER BEDROOM
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How are complimentary colors arranged on the color wheel?