- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Master Bedroom > Episode 7: Adding Molding and Trim
Building a Deck and Stairs
Project: Master Bedroom, Episode 7, Part 3
Bob and carpenter Bob Ryley demonstrate how to make the tricky cuts necessary for interior baseboard molding and window trim work. Plus, Bob visits the contractor's workshop to see how specialty molding is being milled to match what's in the rest of the house. Back at the site, builders are constructing the front porch and stairs.
- Part 1: Installing Baseboards and Making Moldings
- Part 2: Installing Baseboards and Window Casings
- Part 3: Building a Deck and Stairs
- Bob meets with contractor Bill Wilcox to help build a landing and steps up to the French doors. Bob reviews the footings that support the deck, as well as the methods used to fasten the deck to the house.
A master bedroom suite in a compact 1930s Colonial Revival home in suburban Newton, MA, gets a makeover. Bob Vila details the process of building the foundation, from forming and cement pouring to inspection and backfilling. Also, Bob sees how the interior baseboard molding and window trim is milled to match what exists in the rest of the home.
ALL EPISODES IN MASTER BEDROOM
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How are complimentary colors arranged on the color wheel?