- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Dream Garage and Boat Storage > Episode 11: Heating and Lighting
Installing the Garage Door Opener
Project: Dream Garage and Boat Storage, Episode 11, Part 1
Now that the barn's enormous garage doors are in place, Bob shows how the motorized garage door openers from Sears are installed. Frank Ladarola finishes hooking up the hydronic heating system for the floor and locates space heaters in the boat-storage section of the barn. The attractive new interior paneling gets a coat of stain, and lighting designer Markus Earley explains the new Lightolier overhead and track lighting fixtures that will shine on the barn's interior.
- Part 1: Installing the Garage Door Opener
- The garage door openers are installed on the automotive end of the garage. Bob reviews the brackets and beams used to mount the opener's drive, as well as the chain material used to actually move the door.
- Part 2: Discussing the Radiant Heat and Boiler
- Part 3: Installing Track Lighting
This innovative and functional post-and-beam barn structure is designed to provide space to store, and perform work on, boats and cars. Bob Vila takes us through the story,which centers around creating a state-of-the-art, ergonomically efficient, well-lit, and safe environment.
ALL EPISODES IN DREAM GARAGE AND BOAT STORAGE
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How often do termite queens lay eggs?