- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Victorian > Episode 10: Installing Shingles and Tin Ceiling
Staining the Exterior
Project: Victorian, Episode 10, Part 2
The crew applies gingerbread and decorative shingling to the exterior of the Martha's Vineyard project house. Bob and contractor Bob Ryley demonstrate how to install a unique stamped-tin ceiling in the kitchen. Exterior painting begins on the gable end. And also, Bob takes a tour of the eye-catching Camp Meeting grounds, accompanied by a colorist who can help choose the color scheme for the house.
- Part 1: Window Trim and Scalloped Shingles
- Part 2: Staining the Exterior
- Painting contractor Mike Suarez sprays water-based stain on the home's exterior, while Bob, accompanied by paint consultant Sherry Hiller, tours the island with an eye toward local color schemes.
- Part 3: Installing Tin Ceiling Sheaths
Bob Vila tackles a remodeling and construction project on the island of Martha's Vineyard. The expansion of the cabin transforms a tiny vacation home into a spacious family retreat with an authentic 'Vineyard Victorian' look.
ALL EPISODES IN VICTORIAN
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How often do termite queens lay eggs?