- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Ranch Expansion > Episode 10: Window Modification and Copper Plumbing
Touring Art Deco Architecture in Miami Beach
Project: Ranch Expansion, Episode 10, Part 2
Contractor Bob Ryley merges two existing windows to create one large double-hung window. In Miami, Bob tours the fabulous Art Deco District for a taste of the 1930s high-style hotels. On-site in Wayland, the plumber shows how to "sweat" a joint in copper plumbing.
- Part 1: Combining Two Double-Hung Windows
- Part 2: Touring Art Deco Architecture in Miami Beach
- Bob tours the Art Deco section of Miami Beach. His guide points out many notable sites, including the Bow Hotel, believed to be the oldest building in Miami Beach. Also, the French influence on the architecture of the city is noted.
- Part 3: Sweating a Joint in Copper Plumbing
Bob takes on the expansion of a 35 year-old ranch house in Wayland, MA. With an eye on the budget, projects include European kitchen cabinets, a state-of-the-art closet system for the master bedroom, custom built-in bookshelves, an eye-catching fan detail on the front façade, and a private deck off the master bedroom.
ALL EPISODES IN RANCH EXPANSION
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How often do termite queens lay eggs?