- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Cracker Cottage > Episode 6: Installing Windows and Shower
Building a Free-Floating Deck
Project: Cracker Cottage, Episode 6, Part 3
Bob replaces the old jalousie windows on the breakfast porch. Next, the flooring for a new shower goes down, the rough plumbing goes in and a new base and drain are installed.
- Part 1: Replacing Windows at Low-Cost
- Part 2: Installing a New Plumbing Trap
- Part 3: Building a Free-Floating Deck
- Due to flood plain regulations, the deck cannot be attached to the house-- it has to be free-floating. Bob helps the contractors set up the posts and joists, and assists in laying down the tongue-and-groove pine floor material.
Bob Vila rejuvenates a modest but classic Florida house, focusing on light, ventilation, and outdoor living. Projects include opening walls, improving air conditioning and ventilation, blowing in some insulation, and putting in a new entry.
ALL EPISODES IN CRACKER COTTAGE
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How are complimentary colors arranged on the color wheel?