- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Cracker Cottage > Episode 8: Constructing the Swimming Pool and Shower Stall
Installing Cultured Marble Shower Walls
Project: Cracker Cottage, Episode 8, Part 1
Pool construction continues with gunite being sprayed over reinforcing bars to form the walls and floor. In New York City, Bob tours a sister project, the conversion of an abandoned tenement into affordable housing. Finally, cultured marble is cut and assembled in the bathroom to create a shower stall.
- Part 1: Installing Cultured Marble Shower Walls
- Bob helps install cultured marble panels in a bathroom. The tile professional on the job, Jack Miklaus, shares information on fabricating the panels and tips on installing them.
- Part 2: Gunite Cement in Swimming Pool Construction
- Part 3: Meeting Jim Ross in NYC
Bob Vila rejuvenates a modest but classic Florida house, focusing on light, ventilation, and outdoor living. Projects include opening walls, improving air conditioning and ventilation, blowing in some insulation, and putting in a new entry.
ALL EPISODES IN CRACKER COTTAGE
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How often do termite queens lay eggs?