- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Cracker Cottage > Episode 8: Constructing the Swimming Pool and Shower Stall
Installing Cultured Marble Shower Walls
Pool construction continues with gunite being sprayed over reinforcing bars to form the walls and floor. In New York City, Bob tours a sister project, the conversion of an abandoned tenement into affordable housing. Finally, cultured marble is cut and assembled in the bathroom to create a shower stall.
- Part 1: Installing Cultured Marble Shower Walls
- Bob helps install cultured marble panels in a bathroom. The tile professional on the job, Jack Miklaus, shares information on fabricating the panels and tips on installing them.
- Part 2: Gunite Cement in Swimming Pool Construction
- Part 3: Meeting Jim Ross in NYC
Bob Vila rejuvenates a modest but classic Florida house, focusing on light, ventilation, and outdoor living. Projects include opening walls, improving air conditioning and ventilation, blowing in some insulation, and putting in a new entry.