- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Bob's Shingle Style Home > Episode 14: Installing a Staircase and Chair Rail
Building a Kitchen Staircase
Project: Bob's Shingle Style Home, Episode 14, Part 1
An elaborate staircase gets installed in the kitchen, and plaster repair and ceramic tile installation get underway. Ryley installs a chair rail and replaces the glass in the doors of the dining room hutch.
- Part 1: Building a Kitchen Staircase
- Furniture maker Todd Allen builds a staircase from scratch, which will run from the basement to the kitchen, using a technique that is a couple of centuries old. Bob discusses this type of "housed staircase" and reviews the plans and techniques used to build it.
- Part 2: Repairing Plaster and Installing Ceramic Shower Tiles
- Part 3: Installing a Chair Rail and Restoring a Corner Cupboard
ALL EPISODES IN BOB'S SHINGLE STYLE HOME
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How are complimentary colors arranged on the color wheel?