- How To's & Quick Tips >
- How To: Make Garden Luminaries
How To: Make Garden Luminaries
Add a decorative glow to the tabletop or garden with these easy-to-make sap bucket luminaries.
Luminaries create an enchanting glow at dusk along a garden path or atop a picnic table. Here’s how to turn an old sap bucket into a delightful source of light:
MATERIALS AND TOOLS
Drill with 1/8-inch metal drill bit
Pillar candle or battery-operated votive
1. Mark dots in a sun or starburst pattern on a piece of paper.
2. Tape a piece a saral paper to the sap bucket. Tape the dot pattern over the saral paper. Use a pencil to mark over the existing dots and transfer the pattern onto the bucket. Remove the pattern and saral paper and retrace any dot that can’t be seen clearly. Repeat this process on the other side of the bucket.
3. Place the bucket on its side on a bed of sand or soft earth. Wearing safety goggles, drill holes through each of the marks.
4. Place a pillar candle or battery-operated votive inside the bucket.
Want more How To? Browse all projects in 30 Days of Easy Summer DIY