I have a small cottage, and it has existing attic stairs, but it is missing the hardware on one side, and the other side is taxed when i go up it. I have gone to all the hardware, and lumber stores around and can't find the hardware to replace it. They are all telling me, i have to buy the entire stairs to get hardware. I can't find a brand name on the existing stairs, does anyone have an idea of how to get hardware for these attic stairs?
Thanks, and happy remodeling !
If your talking about the kind that pulls down from within ceiing and it was installed like 5 to 10 years ago. We did not have any luck either so we just replaced it.
I was sort of hoping i wouldn't have to do that.. I have looked at all the dimensions of the new attic stairs and don't find any the size i have now.. I am sure these stairs are much older than 10 years. Thank you so much for your reply.. I'm gonna keep hoping for more answers to this attic delema...
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING