I have a small cottage, and it has existing attic stairs, but it is missing the hardware on one side, and the other side is taxed when i go up it. I have gone to all the hardware, and lumber stores around and can't find the hardware to replace it. They are all telling me, i have to buy the entire stairs to get hardware. I can't find a brand name on the existing stairs, does anyone have an idea of how to get hardware for these attic stairs?
Thanks, and happy remodeling !
If your talking about the kind that pulls down from within ceiing and it was installed like 5 to 10 years ago. We did not have any luck either so we just replaced it.
I was sort of hoping i wouldn't have to do that.. I have looked at all the dimensions of the new attic stairs and don't find any the size i have now.. I am sure these stairs are much older than 10 years. Thank you so much for your reply.. I'm gonna keep hoping for more answers to this attic delema...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects