I have a small cottage, and it has existing attic stairs, but it is missing the hardware on one side, and the other side is taxed when i go up it. I have gone to all the hardware, and lumber stores around and can't find the hardware to replace it. They are all telling me, i have to buy the entire stairs to get hardware. I can't find a brand name on the existing stairs, does anyone have an idea of how to get hardware for these attic stairs?
Thanks, and happy remodeling !
If your talking about the kind that pulls down from within ceiing and it was installed like 5 to 10 years ago. We did not have any luck either so we just replaced it.
I was sort of hoping i wouldn't have to do that.. I have looked at all the dimensions of the new attic stairs and don't find any the size i have now.. I am sure these stairs are much older than 10 years. Thank you so much for your reply.. I'm gonna keep hoping for more answers to this attic delema...
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight