I have a small cottage, and it has existing attic stairs, but it is missing the hardware on one side, and the other side is taxed when i go up it. I have gone to all the hardware, and lumber stores around and can't find the hardware to replace it. They are all telling me, i have to buy the entire stairs to get hardware. I can't find a brand name on the existing stairs, does anyone have an idea of how to get hardware for these attic stairs?
Thanks, and happy remodeling !
If your talking about the kind that pulls down from within ceiing and it was installed like 5 to 10 years ago. We did not have any luck either so we just replaced it.
I was sort of hoping i wouldn't have to do that.. I have looked at all the dimensions of the new attic stairs and don't find any the size i have now.. I am sure these stairs are much older than 10 years. Thank you so much for your reply.. I'm gonna keep hoping for more answers to this attic delema...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!