A rat came in through my exterior vent and died somewhere in the back of my dryer. The expert I consulted says that the rat likely was chopped up by the fan (we found a foot in the dryer with the clothes), and that even if he takes it completely apart, it may not be sanitary (and may continue to smell). Also, I am concerned the rat may have chewed wiring inside, making a serious fire hazard. I think the rat was pretty much vaporized, but it concerns me that the Critter Getters couldn't find more than the foot. The dryer was expensive and is only a year old! Do I need to bite the bullet, and get a new dryer?
You need to get a second opinion although I do have the same fears that a part of the wiring may have been cut or this would pose a serious fire hazard. I would rather get rid of this dryer and in future use rodent repellents available in the market like Fresh Cab pouches to prevent this from happening again.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- The Ultimate All-Natural Cleaning Guide