Has anyone ever come across something like this? Does anyone have any advice?
If all that you say is complete and true, your neighbor is onlyu avoiding the issue becasue thy know you are in the right and they are only attempting to win by confusion and obfuscation. Yes, I have seen this multiple times. Yours is the stronger evidence at this point and it is their burden to prove you wrong. They can't just come with "I don't think your survey is right" They have to haver an opbjective reason to demonstrate that they are right.
Now a couple warning points.
Does your jurisdiction require a building permit for a fence and do you have one or have you applied for one? You might need to do so. If this is a grey area - do it anyway. It will strengthen your case with them or any legal entity that becomes involved.
Once you start the work with a permit, it would take a court order from them to make you have to stop. But there could be some reasoning for them to have you repair their irrigation system if damged in the process. It is to your advantage to move those sprinlkler heads so that they don't spray the fence and cause rot. Get them a few inches on the other side and aimed away and just suck it up and bear the cost of that. I have no doubt that the irrigation installation company made the error in the first place but no need for you to give up your land to let them continue in adverse possesion.
Put the fence a few inches on your side of the line and be happy.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 10 Secret Rooms & Passages in Ordinary Homes
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers