DEFINITION OF 2 STORY HOUSE
Usually, the term 'story' has much to do with habitable space, and not attic, or unused space. The definition and regulations for or against stories above a certain number come from the fire department, insurance, and life/safety concerns based on available local fire fighting abilities and equipment. In that case, the 'attic' or uninhabited space above your neighbors second floor space would not constitute a third story. But if the word 'story' is defined in terms of building height, your neighbor may have an issue with it.
Bottom line is, don't depend on a strict definition or yes/no answer to your question here. Look into your local development covenants (if they exist) or your local zoning code for the answer.
What type of insect? Small piles like coffee grounds.
Adding on to 2 story house
Soundproofing interior walls
Simple 2 Story House Plans??
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!