frigidaire air conditioner helppppp!
Many window air conditioners do not have any kind of drain attachment because they use the water which accumulates inside to help cool. These models sling the recovered moisture against the hot condenser where it evaporates. Only during very humid times should that moisture be so great that it overflows the unit's base pan. Some of this water may splash through the condenser coil and drip in that area as well.
You can try building a trough beneath where any overflow occurs to catch it and funnel it elsewhere. You'd have to design something on your own for that as I've never seen any ready made products for that purpose.
I wouldn't advise you to try to modify the unit's base to make any kind of drain hole as damage to the internal refrigeration system may occur ($$$) and/or reduced efficiency of the unit will result.
** its hitting my downstair neighbors window and is rotting the woodwork. **
You might also be able to contact a window installer or siding company to add a metal drip edge to the lower window sill so water hitting there doesn't effect the underlying wood. Alternately, such a company may even be able to fabricate some sort of trough which can be mounted beneath your A/C.
The Appliance Information Site
[This message has been edited by DanO (edited August 22, 2003).]
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- DIY Plumbing Pipe Vase
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps