One side is 24 feet and the other side is 72 feet ( only wants to fence in those sides) How do I charge for this...I want to be fair. He already has the materials needed for this project. I would appreciate any help offered.
Another good method of estimating, if you're willing to spend the money, is to purchase the RS Means book. This book is a very good tool for estimating. It will list the amount of time, material costs, and an average cost for the crew needed to do the installation. The price of this book varies from $49 to $99.
[This message has been edited by GlennG (edited May 11, 2003).]
Tell your friend to work along side of you building it and consider it a favor. If he helps there can be no complaints.
Next time you need muscle for another project call him up. That's the way it works in my circle. One weekend we build him a garage and one weekend the next month we side my house or whatever..... Sometimes a year or two goes by before your turn comes around for friends to help you.
Those you help who don't return the favor aren't asked again.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes