One side is 24 feet and the other side is 72 feet ( only wants to fence in those sides) How do I charge for this...I want to be fair. He already has the materials needed for this project. I would appreciate any help offered.
Another good method of estimating, if you're willing to spend the money, is to purchase the RS Means book. This book is a very good tool for estimating. It will list the amount of time, material costs, and an average cost for the crew needed to do the installation. The price of this book varies from $49 to $99.
[This message has been edited by GlennG (edited May 11, 2003).]
Tell your friend to work along side of you building it and consider it a favor. If he helps there can be no complaints.
Next time you need muscle for another project call him up. That's the way it works in my circle. One weekend we build him a garage and one weekend the next month we side my house or whatever..... Sometimes a year or two goes by before your turn comes around for friends to help you.
Those you help who don't return the favor aren't asked again.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Ways to Use Leather in Your Next Project
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 9 Ways to Get on Board with Pegboard
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 8 New Ways to Use Old Wooden Crates