One side is 24 feet and the other side is 72 feet ( only wants to fence in those sides) How do I charge for this...I want to be fair. He already has the materials needed for this project. I would appreciate any help offered.
Another good method of estimating, if you're willing to spend the money, is to purchase the RS Means book. This book is a very good tool for estimating. It will list the amount of time, material costs, and an average cost for the crew needed to do the installation. The price of this book varies from $49 to $99.
[This message has been edited by GlennG (edited May 11, 2003).]
Tell your friend to work along side of you building it and consider it a favor. If he helps there can be no complaints.
Next time you need muscle for another project call him up. That's the way it works in my circle. One weekend we build him a garage and one weekend the next month we side my house or whatever..... Sometimes a year or two goes by before your turn comes around for friends to help you.
Those you help who don't return the favor aren't asked again.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Stay Bite-Free with 8 High-Tech Bug Zappers
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Perk Up Your Garden with 10 New Perennials
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- Why You Should Reconsider Aboveground Pools