One side is 24 feet and the other side is 72 feet ( only wants to fence in those sides) How do I charge for this...I want to be fair. He already has the materials needed for this project. I would appreciate any help offered.
Another good method of estimating, if you're willing to spend the money, is to purchase the RS Means book. This book is a very good tool for estimating. It will list the amount of time, material costs, and an average cost for the crew needed to do the installation. The price of this book varies from $49 to $99.
[This message has been edited by GlennG (edited May 11, 2003).]
Tell your friend to work along side of you building it and consider it a favor. If he helps there can be no complaints.
Next time you need muscle for another project call him up. That's the way it works in my circle. One weekend we build him a garage and one weekend the next month we side my house or whatever..... Sometimes a year or two goes by before your turn comes around for friends to help you.
Those you help who don't return the favor aren't asked again.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 “Stone Sober” Household Uses for Liquor
- 10 Plant Containers to Make with Everyday Items
- 15 Spring Home Maintenance Musts
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Easy Ways to Revitalize Outdoor Furniture
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Wow-Worthy Window Films: 11 Top Picks
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Air Quality
- 10 Ingenious Home Uses for Baking Soda