We live in the Northeast and our garage floor takes a real beating in the winter from the salt and moisture. The floor is very pitted and needs some TLC. Problems are as follows. 1) floor is pitted so we'd like to grind the floor down about 1/4 inch. 2) The surface has been painted so in the ares that I can't grind down is there an easy way to remove the paint? 3) We are looking for some type of cement grinder to make the floor more level. HELP !!!!!
If you want to take the floor down 1/4" you should be able to find all the stuff you need at a local Idustrial rental outfit. You want the rental places that rent Bobcats and such. First, you need a shot blaster similar to this http://www.floor-equipment.com/concrete-grinders-and-polishers/panther-shotblast-machine.html. That will get the depth you need. Then you will have to come back with a floor grinder and smooth out the floor. I would reccomend a planetary set up like this http://www.floor-equipment.com/concrete-grinders-and-polishers/renegade-planetary-grinder-polisher-and-sander.html. Make sure that you tell the rental people what you are ding so that they can reccomend the correct diamonds. Otherwise, you will just endup with a very scratched floor. Hope that helps.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!