We live in the Northeast and our garage floor takes a real beating in the winter from the salt and moisture. The floor is very pitted and needs some TLC. Problems are as follows. 1) floor is pitted so we'd like to grind the floor down about 1/4 inch. 2) The surface has been painted so in the ares that I can't grind down is there an easy way to remove the paint? 3) We are looking for some type of cement grinder to make the floor more level. HELP !!!!!
If you want to take the floor down 1/4" you should be able to find all the stuff you need at a local Idustrial rental outfit. You want the rental places that rent Bobcats and such. First, you need a shot blaster similar to this http://www.floor-equipment.com/concrete-grinders-and-polishers/panther-shotblast-machine.html. That will get the depth you need. Then you will have to come back with a floor grinder and smooth out the floor. I would reccomend a planetary set up like this http://www.floor-equipment.com/concrete-grinders-and-polishers/renegade-planetary-grinder-polisher-and-sander.html. Make sure that you tell the rental people what you are ding so that they can reccomend the correct diamonds. Otherwise, you will just endup with a very scratched floor. Hope that helps.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!