We live in the Northeast and our garage floor takes a real beating in the winter from the salt and moisture. The floor is very pitted and needs some TLC. Problems are as follows. 1) floor is pitted so we'd like to grind the floor down about 1/4 inch. 2) The surface has been painted so in the ares that I can't grind down is there an easy way to remove the paint? 3) We are looking for some type of cement grinder to make the floor more level. HELP !!!!!
If you want to take the floor down 1/4" you should be able to find all the stuff you need at a local Idustrial rental outfit. You want the rental places that rent Bobcats and such. First, you need a shot blaster similar to this http://www.floor-equipment.com/concrete-grinders-and-polishers/panther-shotblast-machine.html. That will get the depth you need. Then you will have to come back with a floor grinder and smooth out the floor. I would reccomend a planetary set up like this http://www.floor-equipment.com/concrete-grinders-and-polishers/renegade-planetary-grinder-polisher-and-sander.html. Make sure that you tell the rental people what you are ding so that they can reccomend the correct diamonds. Otherwise, you will just endup with a very scratched floor. Hope that helps.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight