We live in the Northeast and our garage floor takes a real beating in the winter from the salt and moisture. The floor is very pitted and needs some TLC. Problems are as follows. 1) floor is pitted so we'd like to grind the floor down about 1/4 inch. 2) The surface has been painted so in the ares that I can't grind down is there an easy way to remove the paint? 3) We are looking for some type of cement grinder to make the floor more level. HELP !!!!!
If you want to take the floor down 1/4" you should be able to find all the stuff you need at a local Idustrial rental outfit. You want the rental places that rent Bobcats and such. First, you need a shot blaster similar to this http://www.floor-equipment.com/concrete-grinders-and-polishers/panther-shotblast-machine.html. That will get the depth you need. Then you will have to come back with a floor grinder and smooth out the floor. I would reccomend a planetary set up like this http://www.floor-equipment.com/concrete-grinders-and-polishers/renegade-planetary-grinder-polisher-and-sander.html. Make sure that you tell the rental people what you are ding so that they can reccomend the correct diamonds. Otherwise, you will just endup with a very scratched floor. Hope that helps.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes