Can weep holes function properly if they exist on the bottom course of brick veneer and the bottom 2-3 courses of the veneer are buried by dirt. The dirt needs to be graded higher around the house to achieve the proper grade going away from the home.
I'm thining this would not allow proper air flow behind the veneer and would not let out the condensation and moisture building up behind the veneer.
Can a solution be used where sheet plastic (visqueen?), and gravel are used along the first few courses that are buried? The visqueen would act like an extended flashing extending 2 - 3 feet into the yard and would be covered with pea gravel and then soil.
Also, I am currently planning on replacing the same half wall of brick veneer. This veneer sits atop poured concrete foundation walls. Should I take this opportunity to somehow raise the foundation walls before replacing the brick veneer. Also, I am planning to use NovaBrick in the repalcement of the veneer, which allows you to 'hang' the brick siding rather than securing to the previously notched foundation wall. What is the best route to go at this stage in the rehab process to ensure that I can grade higher around the home while replacing an existing half wall of brick vener with NovaBrick siding?
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Weep Holes in Brick
Weep Holes In Brick
Brick Weeping Hole - Minimum distance above ground l...
Should I drill weep holes?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 10 DIY Ways Renters Can Customize Their Space
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Secondhand Shopping Tips