Tankless water heater
I need to know the pros and cons of the tankless water heater. Like: Gas better than electric? How often would the unit have to be replaced/repaird? How does this unit affect the electrical circuitry? Is this unit better than a regular water heater that neds to be replaced every 10 years or so?
No personal experience with the tankless....they've appealed to me, except that most of them (gas) seem to require power venting--which means that they stop working when the power goes out. OK, that and the cost have been drawbacks. I'm sure they're great though! (One of these days....)
We can run 2 showers at the same time with it. No real complaints with it, except that when you're doing dishes and the water is being turned on and off, cold water gets in the pipe before it fires up. You end up getting little bursts of cold/cool water. It's just a minor inconvenience.
They look cool, take less space, and are much more efficient. The TK-2 is power vented, so you need special venting that is more expensive than your B vent, and can't be hooked in with any other appliances. Yes it needs power to operate, no power, no hot water.
I know there are other models out there that are good too. Don't get a cheap one, get a big one that can do the job.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING