Tankless water heater
I need to know the pros and cons of the tankless water heater. Like: Gas better than electric? How often would the unit have to be replaced/repaird? How does this unit affect the electrical circuitry? Is this unit better than a regular water heater that neds to be replaced every 10 years or so?
We can run 2 showers at the same time with it. No real complaints with it, except that when you're doing dishes and the water is being turned on and off, cold water gets in the pipe before it fires up. You end up getting little bursts of cold/cool water. It's just a minor inconvenience.
They look cool, take less space, and are much more efficient. The TK-2 is power vented, so you need special venting that is more expensive than your B vent, and can't be hooked in with any other appliances. Yes it needs power to operate, no power, no hot water.
I know there are other models out there that are good too. Don't get a cheap one, get a big one that can do the job.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!