Tankless water heater
I need to know the pros and cons of the tankless water heater. Like: Gas better than electric? How often would the unit have to be replaced/repaird? How does this unit affect the electrical circuitry? Is this unit better than a regular water heater that neds to be replaced every 10 years or so?
We can run 2 showers at the same time with it. No real complaints with it, except that when you're doing dishes and the water is being turned on and off, cold water gets in the pipe before it fires up. You end up getting little bursts of cold/cool water. It's just a minor inconvenience.
They look cool, take less space, and are much more efficient. The TK-2 is power vented, so you need special venting that is more expensive than your B vent, and can't be hooked in with any other appliances. Yes it needs power to operate, no power, no hot water.
I know there are other models out there that are good too. Don't get a cheap one, get a big one that can do the job.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects