You didn't say what kind of plumbing you've installed. If it's plastic, there's no point in placing a ground on it.
Is there a grounding rod outside?
[This message has been edited by rpxlpx (edited December 03, 2002).]
Yes, I have a grounding wire that is going outside. I am putting either PVC or copper plumbing back in.
Any copper plumbing you install should be bonded back to the bonded buss bar in the service or building disconnecting means. In order to serve as a grounding electrode for your home the clamp should be attached to an underground metal water pipe within five feet of were it enters your home. There must not be any plastic pipe or insulating fittings between the point of attachment and the underground piping. The best practice is to make the grounding connection on the supply side of the first control valve in the water line. Since no one is going to cut in to a pipe they can't shut off that prevents later plumbing work from leaving the home ungrounded.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Prefab-ulous: 14 Jaw-Dropping Modern Homes
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Why Are "Natural" Swimming Pools Popular?
- 9 Ways of Adding Moldings to Walls
- 1 Dozen Ways to Make the Most of a Small Yard
- 13 Easy Lanterns to Make for Your Porch or Patio
- 12 Expert Tips for a Fantastic Front Yard