Our hard wood stairs are so slippery. While I have found many non-slip products for stairs, most need to be reapplied every 6 months. My kids have severe asthma and allergies. We try very hard to refrain from using chemicals in our home. I assume these products are pretty strong. We won't install carpet due to the medical problems either. Does anyone know of a product we could apply once that lasts or at least lasts for a few years? Thanks.
the best anti-slip treatment for stairs is a carpet runner,you might be in the lookout for a sisal product (natural fibre) ar a short tight nylon berber,we install carpet in homes where the owner has allergies,first we "air out" the carpet in the warehouse(leave out the carpet ,unrolled and let the dye odors disapate)after the carpet has neen installed we steam clean with just water.and that seems to do the trick.....good luck
Slippery pool tile
Concrete floor finish on top of concrete sealant
Non-slip laminate: does it exist?
Looking for non-slip treatment for my ceramic steppi...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!