- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Malibu Beach House > Episode 11: Tile Layout
Applying Mortar Scratch Coat for Shower Wall Tiles
Project: Malibu Beach House, Episode 11, Part 1
After a trip to Ceramica J.R., the rustic Mexican workshop where our hand painted tiles were made, Bob shows off some of the spectacular tile layouts in the works for the Malibu house. Bob also tours the house with interior designer Robyn Peterson, who takes Bob shopping for fabrics.
- Part 1: Applying Mortar Scratch Coat for Shower Wall Tiles
- Bob visits with plaster sub-contractor Mike Bennet, who is floating mortar bed walls in the shower space of the beach house bathroom.
- Part 2: Visiting Tecate, Mexico
- Part 3: Interior Design and Touring a Fabric Store
Bob Vila transforms a California beach house on stilts into an elegant Spanish-style villa, worthy of its glamorous location—Malibu. Projects include an elegant winding staircase, a state-of-the-art sprinkler system, environmentally friendly blown-in cellulose insulation, and seismic code compliance.
ALL EPISODES IN MALIBU BEACH HOUSE
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
SEE MORE IN