- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Victorian > Episode 6: Verge Board and Plumbing
Victorian Architectural Style
Bob meets with a Victorian-style designer to search Martha's Vineyard for design elements he can use on the exterior of the project house in East Chop. Next, Bob takes a trip to the Jersey shore to see a fantastic Victorian "folly": Lucy the Elephant. Back at the site, Bob and contractor Bob Ryley cut a decorative verge board in the workshop and install it on one gable end. The plumber demonstrates how to expertly handle PVC.
- Part 1: Victorian Architectural Style
- Bob meets with an expert in Victorian design to look at homes with scalloped, diamond, and straight shingles. Gingerbread-style brackets and railings are also reviewed. Plus, Bob visits a Victorian garden "folly" on the Jersey Shore.
- Part 2: Reviewing the Frame and Attaching the Verge Board
- Part 3: Installing PVC Pipe
Bob Vila tackles a remodeling and construction project on the island of Martha's Vineyard. The expansion of the cabin transforms a tiny vacation home into a spacious family retreat with an authentic 'Vineyard Victorian' look.
Also from Victorian
The crew on Martha's Vineyard begins to lay a cinder block foundation with a crawl space for storage, while Bob explains how to connect the old construction to the new. Plus, Bob travels to historic Cape May, NJ to tour Victorian homes in one of America's oldest beach resort towns. Back at the site, the carpenters start framing the new turret roof on the old cottage.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers