Why It Made the Cut: A substantial water backup endorsement and multiple bundling options are just two of the reasons Allstate is a top choice for home and car insurance for drivers over 50.
Seniors looking to purchase multiple types of insurance may appreciate that Allstate supports the ability to bundle more policies than only homeowners and auto insurance. This could make it easier to manage insurance needs for customers who are also in the market for life, boat, or RV insurance, among other options. While Allstate doesn’t offer online quotes on homeowners insurance for all ZIP codes, coverage is still available in many parts of the country as Allstate provides property insurance in 49 states and Washington, D.C.
Allstate offers numerous ways to customize a home and auto policy including adding up to $50,000 in water backup coverage for the home, which could help pay for water damage that might otherwise not be covered by homeowners insurance. Customers can also enroll in the company’s online personal information protection program, which can help cover the costs to remediate identity theft and fraud. The company also offers a low $500 deductible option on homeowners insurance policies. Having a lower deductible could lead to higher payouts if customers need to file a claim.
- Coverage area: 49 states and Washington, D.C.
- Quote process: Online, phone, agent
- Claims process: App, online, phone, agent
- Bundling discount: Up to 25 percent
- Deductibles: $500 to $5,000; 1 percent or 2 percent; Wind/hail: $1,000 to $5,000; 1 percent or 2 percent
- AM Best rating: A+
- Ability to bundle multiple policy types
- High $50,000 water backup coverage available
- Low $500 deductible option
- Optional online personal information protection
- Online quote not available in all ZIP codes