How Amazon Prime Day Will Look Different This Year—and What’s on Sale Now
Prime Day 2020 is almost here, and along with bargain-basement prices, Amazon is taking the opportunity to invest in the small businesses at the heart of its success.
After postponing its traditional July shopping spree because of the COVID-19 pandemic, Amazon Prime Day 2020 now kicks off at midnight on Tuesday, Oct. 13 and runs for 48 hours, giving shoppers a chance to jump-start their holiday shopping.
To boost small sellers, this year Amazon launches its Spend $10, Get $10 incentive that offers a $10 credit to Prime members who purchase items from select small business resellers prior to Oct. 12. The credit can be spent on almost any item during the Amazon Prime Day event.
Home Deals Galore
You don’t have to wait until Prime Day to get your hands on some great deals for the home or the workshop. Check out these discounts on products already on sale.
- Artistic Weavers Grey Area Rug — $136 (was $290)
- SYLVANIA 60W Soft White Light Bulbs — $22 (was $40)
- DEWALT Sliding Compound Miter Saw — $400 (was $570)
- BLACK+DECKER 20V Max Lithium Sweeper — $80 (was $110)
- American Lawn Mower 5-Blade Reel Mower — $90 (was $132)
- Champion 9375/7500-Watt Dual Fuel Generator — $1,130 (was $1,480)
More than a Million Deals
Prime shoppers will find deep discounts on a plethora of this season’s most popular products from top manufacturers such as Marvel, Panasonic, Broan, Martha Stewart, Madison Park, and many more. Amazon will also be featuring price cuts on all your techie must-haves, including laptops, PCs, and other smart home devices, some of which are available now, such as Echo Dot for Kids ($35) and HP Chromebook $275.
Need some extra holiday shopping cash? Apply for an Amazon card or enter the Prime Day Photo Contest.
- Prime members will receive a $100 gift card when they apply (and are approved) for the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa card between Sept. 28 and Oct. 31.
- Camera buff? Thirty lucky winners will each receive $1,000 in the Prime Day Photo Sweepstakes for taking a picture showing how Prime delivers great things and sharing it on social media. Rules here.
Membership Has its Privileges
To take advantage of Amazon’s best deals this Prime Day 2020, you’ll need to be a Prime member, which runs $119 per year or $13 per month (or for students, $59 per year). Not ready to shell out the cash? No worries. Try a free 30-day trial membership—and enjoy all the benefits, including access to Lightning Deals and free one-day shipping.
Shop Your Way
Amazon Echo owners can get the skinny on the latest deals just by saying, “Alexa, what are my Prime Day deals?” Amazon will also be featuring sales at its physical locations, including Amazon 4-star, Amazon Pop Up, and Whole Foods Market. For on-the-go shopping, download the Amazon App and shop from the convenience of your smartphone.