Latest Discussions : Lawn & Garden


12:22PM | 04/25/06
Member Since: 01/14/05
2 lifetime posts
Just opened the water valve to my lawn sprinkler system for the first time this spring. When I did, I noticed it was leaking at the pressure vacuum breaker, or at least that's what I think it is called (picture of a similar device here:

It seems to be leaking from under the brass cap (that can be removed by taking off the little nut on top) and the water just flows downward to the ground. Is there a checkvalve or something else that can be replaced or tightened to stop the leak? Or do I need to install another pressure vacuum breaker (assuming about $60 for the part)? If so, is this fairly easy? I notice that this part is attached from the side and bottom by nuts using plumbing dope. Are they all about the same size so you can just swap a new one in for the old one, or do you have to cut some pipe to make the new one fit?

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button