- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Cabin in the Woods > Episode 4: Installing Skylights and Framing the Staircase
Project: Cabin in the Woods, Episode 4, Part 3
Bob and contractor Bob Ryley install a new Cabrio skylight from Velux that opens out to create a roof balcony. Next, Ryley installs Thermasote panels on the roof, an all-in-one nailable sheathing and insulation product that's ideal for any exposed beam application. Later, Bob pays a visit to Yestermorrow Design Build School in Warren, VT.
- Part 1: Rigid Roof Insulation
- Part 2: Visiting the Yestermorrow Design Build School
- Part 3: Skylight Installation
- Bob joins contractor Bob Ryley, who is installing a Velux skylight on a curb mount. Ryley describes the screws and mounting hardware used, and Bob demonstrates the flexible window design.
Bob Vila explores the concept of sustainable design by putting resource management theories into practice for everyday living. Projects include a pre-cast foundation system, earth-friendly septic system, energy-efficient appliances, and more.
ALL EPISODES IN CABIN IN THE WOODS