- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Modular Mountain Retreat > Episode 3: Modular Construction, Wiring, and Drywall
Building a Custom Modular Staircase
Project: Modular Mountain Retreat, Episode 3, Part 3
Tasks that are also ongoing include spackling and sanding, installing insulation, applying wall and roof sheathing, plus house wrapping and interior trim work.
Leviton structured wire boxes, which will form the backbone of the home's voice and data system, are also being installed, while, at the Simplex stair shop, the staircase for the project houses is being carefully assembled.
- Part 1: Tour of the Simplex Modular Home Factory
- Part 2: High-Speed Drywall Finishing
- Part 3: Building a Custom Modular Staircase
- Bob checks in with Thomas "Doc" Dougherty, the stair builder at Simplex Industries, to get a status update on the staircase construction Doc is overseeing for the modular home. Each staircase built at the Simplex plant is built specifically for one specific home.
The house goes down the assembly line from framing, through wiring and plumbing, all the way to the installation of flooring and priming for paint.
The house is trucked to its pre-fabricated foundations on the lot, and start all the finishing touches that will prove that a modular house doesn't have to be a cookie-cutter affair.
ALL EPISODES IN MODULAR MOUNTAIN RETREAT