- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Modular Mountain Retreat > Episode 4: Interior and Exterior Finishes on a Modular Home
Installing Quartz Kitchen Countertops
Project: Modular Mountain Retreat, Episode 4, Part 4
Prefinished hardwood floors from Bellawood are being installed throughout the house. In the kitchen, cabinets and countertops are being laid down.
Bill Dongas from Pella windows is on location to explains the installation of the Pella's Architect series windows, while plant workers put up the engineered wood exterior siding.
- Part 1: Kitchen Cabinet Styling and Installation
- Part 2: Prefinished Wood Floors in the Modular Home
- Part 3: Installing Windows and Engineered Siding
- Part 4: Installing Quartz Kitchen Countertops
- The man-made stone countertops are easier to care for than 100% natural stone is, but require no special installation. In the modular house, the installer uses a mason's mitre to give the joints between the pieces additional surface area for the polyester epoxy to bond.
The epoxies from Dupont are specially formulated to match the countertops' color. David Miller from Desavino and Sons is on-hand to explain the countertop installation.
The house goes down the assembly line from framing, through wiring and plumbing, all the way to the installation of flooring and priming for paint.
The house is trucked to its pre-fabricated foundations on the lot, and start all the finishing touches that will prove that a modular house doesn't have to be a cookie-cutter affair.
ALL EPISODES IN MODULAR MOUNTAIN RETREAT