- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Modular Mountain Retreat > Episode 4: Interior and Exterior Finishes on a Modular Home
Installing Windows and Engineered Siding
Project: Modular Mountain Retreat, Episode 4, Part 3
Prefinished hardwood floors from Bellawood are being installed throughout the house. In the kitchen, cabinets and countertops are being laid down.
Bill Dongas from Pella windows is on location to explains the installation of the Pella's Architect series windows, while plant workers put up the engineered wood exterior siding.
- Part 1: Kitchen Cabinet Styling and Installation
- Part 2: Prefinished Wood Floors in the Modular Home
- Part 3: Installing Windows and Engineered Siding
- The skin of the modular home is finished with double-hung windows from the Pella Architect Series. The upper window is a simulated divided pane. The muntin bars on both sides of the double-pane glass are adhered directly to the glass-- additional muntin grills/dividers are installed between the two panes to give the appearance of six individual panes.
Most of the modular home pieces will by delivered to the home site without siding. One section, however, is being sided with a board-and-batten product from Georgia-Pacific. It reflects an old design wherein large vertical boards were used to side a building and smaller boards were used to cover any gaps.
- Part 4: Installing Quartz Kitchen Countertops
The house goes down the assembly line from framing, through wiring and plumbing, all the way to the installation of flooring and priming for paint.
The house is trucked to its pre-fabricated foundations on the lot, and start all the finishing touches that will prove that a modular house doesn't have to be a cookie-cutter affair.
ALL EPISODES IN MODULAR MOUNTAIN RETREAT