- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Modular Mountain Retreat > Episode 4: Interior and Exterior Finishes on a Modular Home
Prefinished Wood Floors in the Modular Home
Project: Modular Mountain Retreat, Episode 4, Part 2
Prefinished hardwood floors from Bellawood are being installed throughout the house. In the kitchen, cabinets and countertops are being laid down.
Bill Dongas from Pella windows is on location to explains the installation of the Pella's Architect series windows, while plant workers put up the engineered wood exterior siding.
- Part 1: Kitchen Cabinet Styling and Installation
- Part 2: Prefinished Wood Floors in the Modular Home
- Bob goes inside the modular home whose flooring and walls are almost complete. The floors are Bellawood's Northern Red Oak with a gunstock finish. The darker finish gives a more sophisticated and formal look to the room.
The hardwood floors are installed in the modular home just as they wood on a traditional building site. Mike Snyder from Mike's Flooring (a flooring subcontractor) remarks on the quality of the Bellawood product, which has very few flaws and a durable finish.
The flooring is left incomplete where two pieces of the modular home are to be attached. On site, quick work will be made of the few details left once the large modular sections are joined.
- Part 3: Installing Windows and Engineered Siding
- Part 4: Installing Quartz Kitchen Countertops
The house goes down the assembly line from framing, through wiring and plumbing, all the way to the installation of flooring and priming for paint.
The house is trucked to its pre-fabricated foundations on the lot, and start all the finishing touches that will prove that a modular house doesn't have to be a cookie-cutter affair.
ALL EPISODES IN MODULAR MOUNTAIN RETREAT