- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Modular Mountain Retreat > Episode 4: Interior and Exterior Finishes on a Modular Home
Kitchen Cabinet Styling and Installation
Project: Modular Mountain Retreat, Episode 4, Part 1
Prefinished hardwood floors from Bellawood are being installed throughout the house. In the kitchen, cabinets and countertops are being laid down.
Bill Dongas from Pella windows is on location to explains the installation of the Pella's Architect series windows, while plant workers put up the engineered wood exterior siding.
- Part 1: Kitchen Cabinet Styling and Installation
- Bob and Dave Boniello (Simplex Industries) talk over the custom kitchen. The Merillat cabinets being used are from the Classic series and feature Cherry veneers and solid wood backings.
To add contrast with the kitchen, the designer added maple cabinets with an oatmeal finish around and over the stove.
Bob and Mike Savage from Simplex Industries demonstrate the use of a "dead man" in the hanging of kitchen cabinets. A "dead man" enables a single installer to hang wall cabinets without a helper.
- Part 2: Prefinished Wood Floors in the Modular Home
- Part 3: Installing Windows and Engineered Siding
- Part 4: Installing Quartz Kitchen Countertops
The house goes down the assembly line from framing, through wiring and plumbing, all the way to the installation of flooring and priming for paint.
The house is trucked to its pre-fabricated foundations on the lot, and start all the finishing touches that will prove that a modular house doesn't have to be a cookie-cutter affair.
ALL EPISODES IN MODULAR MOUNTAIN RETREAT