- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Modular Mountain Retreat > Episode 5: Assembling a Modular Home
Preparing the Site for Modular Home Delivery
Project: Modular Mountain Retreat, Episode 5, Part 4
Before being hoisted into position, each box is unwrapped and additional prep work is done. Once the final preparations are complete, the crane operator deftly arranges each box into position.
Dave Boniello and Pat Fricchione from Simplex join Bob on location to tour the house as it comes together, providing additional insight into the process of assembling a modular home.
General Contractor Michael Shiels is also on site to give us a progress report on the assembly process, as well as a briefing on the next steps.
- Part 1: Modular Home Delivery
- Part 2: Tying Together a Modular Home
- Part 3: Installation of the Modular Home's Second Floor
- Part 4: Preparing the Site for Modular Home Delivery
- Bob reviews the site preparation process with Michael Shiels (of Shiels Builders), who is the local on-site contractor for the project. Shiels ensures all hook-ups, from plumbing to electrical, meet local code and are ready to go.
Shiels also arranges for the building inspections and makes certain that the grounds and foundation are prepared for the delivery and installation of a house.
- Part 5: Modular Home Delivery Day Overview
The house goes down the assembly line from framing, through wiring and plumbing, all the way to the installation of flooring and priming for paint.
The house is trucked to its pre-fabricated foundations on the lot, and start all the finishing touches that will prove that a modular house doesn't have to be a cookie-cutter affair.
ALL EPISODES IN MODULAR MOUNTAIN RETREAT