- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Modular Mountain Retreat > Episode 9: Energy Efficient Heat, Column Deck Supports, and The Mount
Tour of the Gardens at The Mount
Project: Modular Mountain Retreat, Episode 9, Part 2
Next, Bob sees that the Cultured Stone faux stone finish is completed on the foundation, before he goes off to revisit Edith Wharton's home, The Mount, in Lenox, MA, for a tour of the revived gardens.
Back at the project site, the mechanical systems are being installed. Mark Gallivan from Sears and Brent Morin from Morin Mechanical are putting in the new Carrier HVAC system.
Chris Vila visits with Jack Frederick as he installs a Rinnai Continuum tankless water heater. The Continuum is a compact, on-demand water heater, which only makes hot water when there is a demand for it.
- Part 1: Reviewing the Modular Home's Exterior
- Part 2: Tour of the Gardens at The Mount
- Bob visits the Sunken Gardens at The Mount, where Stephanie Copeland, president of the Edith Wharton Restoration Foundation, serves as guide. The formal gardens, which Wharton designed herself, are of a European style. It reflects her theory that each step away from the home is a step closer to nature.
- Part 3: Multi-Zone HVAC System
The house goes down the assembly line from framing, through wiring and plumbing, all the way to the installation of flooring and priming for paint.
The house is trucked to its pre-fabricated foundations on the lot, and start all the finishing touches that will prove that a modular house doesn't have to be a cookie-cutter affair.
ALL EPISODES IN MODULAR MOUNTAIN RETREAT