- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Modular Mountain Retreat > Episode 10: Berkshires Architecture, Shakespeare & Co., and Structured Wiring
Touring Shakespeare & Company in Lenox, MA
Project: Modular Mountain Retreat, Episode 10, Part 3
Before heading to the project site, Bob visits one of the area's artistic centers-- Shakespeare and Company. Director and Founder Tina Packer gives Bob a tour of the grounds and an overview of the company's various theater programs.
Returning to the project house, Bob takes a final tour of the interior. KitchenAid appliances have been installed, as well as Bellawood pre-finished flooring. Woodport interior doors have been hung. Also, Bob reviews how the structured wiring for the house was installed back at the factory in Pennsylvania.
- Part 1: Structured Wiring Explained
- Part 2: Tour of the Gilded Age Cottages of the Berkshire Hills
- Part 3: Touring Shakespeare & Company in Lenox, MA
- Tina Packer, president of Shakespeare & Company, gives Bob a tour of the grounds of the Spring Lawn Mansion in Lennox, Massachusetts. She points out the foundation blocks where the future 33-foot tall Rose Playhouse will stand. Mel Cobb, an actor/builder employed by Shakespeare and Company, helped rebuild Shakespeare's Globe theatre in London. To further replicate the Rose's authenticity, materials that would have been used in the 16th-century are being employed.
The house goes down the assembly line from framing, through wiring and plumbing, all the way to the installation of flooring and priming for paint.
The house is trucked to its pre-fabricated foundations on the lot, and start all the finishing touches that will prove that a modular house doesn't have to be a cookie-cutter affair.
ALL EPISODES IN MODULAR MOUNTAIN RETREAT