- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Modular Mountain Retreat > Episode 12: Sound Insulation and Restored Rooms at Elm Court
Elm Court's Grand Parlor
Project: Modular Mountain Retreat, Episode 12, Part 2
Downstairs, Bob joins Sonya and Bob Berle in the grand parlor, one of the most ornate rooms in the house. The tour continues into the adjacent dining room.
Next, Vila and the Berles finish the tour in the kitchen area, where the couple used some stock and some reproduction material to create an authentic butler's kitchen.
- Part 1: Installing a Sound-Attenuating Coffered Wood Ceiling
- Part 2: Elm Court's Grand Parlor
- Bob joins Sonya and Bob Berle, owners of Elm Court, for a tour of the ornate grand parlor. When the Berles arrived at Elm Court, the parlor was in severe disrepair, with all of the windows broken and the room exposed to the environment.
The Berles recreated the plasterwork with molds and epoxy from the original pieces left by the vandals. Some of the furniture in the parlor is original to the room and adds to the room's elegance. The centerpiece chaises longues were reupholstered but their bullion fringe is original. The fireplace is slowly being restored as additional stone pieces are found.
- Part 3: Elm Court's Dining Room
- Part 4: The Kitchen and Butler's Pantry at Elm Court
The house goes down the assembly line from framing, through wiring and plumbing, all the way to the installation of flooring and priming for paint.
The house is trucked to its pre-fabricated foundations on the lot, and start all the finishing touches that will prove that a modular house doesn't have to be a cookie-cutter affair.
ALL EPISODES IN MODULAR MOUNTAIN RETREAT